Skip to main content

Featured

Him

The crinkle in his eyes The deep black Of the dense forest With so much amusement and love A hug which cures everything A shoulder which bears my burden A tremendous amount of love Pouring through my soul Heart beats for the one,  I believe He holds mine  Cause being us,    made me whole The love I longed  From nothing to everything I have A family of mine I call

An Ode to You

The sun was pouring down my window
The chirping of the birds
But something was picking on my legs
I heard a small giggle
I smiled to myself
I never will be bored of this..
I jumped out of my bed
But he was too fast 
I chased after him
Scooping him up 
I hugged him tight
My son,
He was squirming to get away
He looked up and said' ma, today is the day'
I closed my eyes and smiled
Today we go to meet his father
He plucked on my dress and asked
'What should i wear ma '
My son who have his father's hair and eyes
Like an ocean green and tinch of blue in it
I smiled and ruffled his hair
I told him to wear whatever he wanted
Now as i sat on this ledge listening to my son
Who is rambling to his father
I remember the day i met him
How i fell in love with him
Its been 8 years since we met
I called out to my son and told
'Lemme talk to you father dea'
I turned and walked to his father
'Hey you ,he is all grown up isn't he' I refered to our son
But no answer came up
I looked at my husband's tombstone 
I crouched down in his grave ,
And told one thing i tell him everyday
'I love you everyday my love '
I turned and walked away holding our son
Tears brimming my eye's 
-NK ©️


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts