Skip to main content

Featured

Him

The crinkle in his eyes The deep black Of the dense forest With so much amusement and love A hug which cures everything A shoulder which bears my burden A tremendous amount of love Pouring through my soul Heart beats for the one,  I believe He holds mine  Cause being us,    made me whole The love I longed  From nothing to everything I have A family of mine I call

The Broken Thread

The slip of a tongue
The language barrier 
The shock of lying
Angry words spewing
Brain didn't register
But the mind did
The bitter taste
Of that rotten word
We see red sometimes
Never think before we speak
The cracking of a friendship
Or the breaking of a relationship
Each and every word
Breaking every part
The sinking feeling
The headache after
Heartbeat stolen from us
Words we forget to rein in
Emotions we forget to control
Each destroying everything within
A forgiveness never enough
To take back those words
The wound inflicted 
The pain unbearable 
Even if it heal 
Scars never fade away
©️NK

Comments

Popular Posts